Badtux the Snarky Penguin

In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

Religious fundamentalists are motivated by the sneaking suspicion that someone, somewhere, is having fun -- and that this must be stopped.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lettuce

Bleh. Penguins were not designed to eat lettuce. Penguins were designed to eat pizzas. With anchovies.

Alas, health says no :-(. Weight bumped up a bit above what's healthy for me, so it's back to low-cal chow for a couple of weeks... bleh. Just bleh.

-- Badtux the Calorie-restricted Penguin

Posted by: BadTux / 11/07/2006 09:37:00 PM

Comments:

You're not getting out of this world alive anyway, so eat what you like. Just work it off.
# posted by BBC : 8/11/06 4:39 AM

I got on the scale at one point last week and it read 198. That was the first time this millennium I've dipped below 200. But I'm still staying away from pizza for a while.

Got an eye exam tomorrow. My vision is real good for a guy who prints for a living. But I have some suspicions. Blood work later this month, and then I go from there. (I'm concerned about my cholesterol and blood pressure.)

Lettuce isn't bad with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, broccoli, and cauliflower. I wouldn't throw anchovies into the mix, but if it floats your boat...
# posted by Mimus Pauly : 8/11/06 7:48 AM

BBC, I live in the middle of a major metropolitan area. That's the tradeoff I make for being able to do some really cool things at work (and I'm talking *really* cool things, I love what I'm doing right now). Pretty much the only way to "work it off" is walking, which is fine and dandy (this is one of the more walkable metros), but hardly going to work off massive 2,000 calorie anchovy-and-pepperoni pizzas...

And yeah, everybody dies. I'd just rather it be later than sooner, and without all the nastiness that happens due to high blood pressure (the peripheral nerve damage, the blindness, the heart attacks, yada yada). I want to die after a couple of months of pain and agony at age 79 due to cancer like most of my relatives, rather than slowly over a decade or more of obesity-related diseases.
# posted by BadTux : 8/11/06 8:24 AM

or kick up the exercise...that works for me...dance and dance and dance....smile
# posted by azgoddess : 8/11/06 8:41 AM

79?!? Whimp! I'm not planning on dieing until, at least, another 150 years or so.

The good news is that I visited my doctor yesterday, and he's happy with my weight loss. Now, I just need to keep it up, err, down.

Dave
# posted by Anonymous : 8/11/06 8:52 AM

Oh Yeah, anchovies are the only way to do pizza right!
# posted by niCk (Mem Beth) : 8/11/06 9:12 AM

Is it really necessary to eat the entire pizza at one sitting? Pace yourself. One half for dinner, the other half for breakfast. ;)
# posted by Lurch : 8/11/06 10:30 AM

Do penguins have abs?
# posted by Evil Spock : 8/11/06 1:24 PM

Oh yes, Evil Spock, penguins have great one-pack abs!

AZ Goddess, yes, dancing is great exercise. Unfortunately, penguins aren't much for dancing. Waddling err walking, that's a different story, and I'll post a pic shortly :-).

- Badtux the Walkin' Penguin
# posted by BadTux : 8/11/06 3:11 PM

<< Home

My Photo
Name: BadTux
Location: Some iceberg, South Pacific, Antarctica

I am a black and white and yellow multicolored penguin making his way as best he can in a world of monochromic monkeys.

Archives
April 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 /

Bill Richardson: Because what America needs is a competent fat man with bad hair as President (haven't we had enough incompetent pretty faces?)

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
Terror Alert Level
Links
Honor Roll
Technorati embed?
Liberated Iraqis

"Keep fighting for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce." -- Molly Ivins, 1944-2007 "The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."

-- Plato

Are you a spammer? Then send mail to my spamtrack mailbox to get permenantly banned! Remember, that's iamstupid@badtux.org (hehehhe!).

More blogs about bad tux the snarky penguin.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?