Badtux the Snarky Penguin

In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

Religious fundamentalists are motivated by the sneaking suspicion that someone, somewhere, is having fun -- and that this must be stopped.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

GAH! Windows Sux, part II

Well, as predicted elsewhere, Norton AntiVirus was utterly ineffective at removing the trojans and backdoors on the system. Another antivirus product similarly threw up its hands and surrendered. There is one file that I want to save off the system, and then it gets a complete wipe and rebuild from scratch.

One thing I'll note: It appears that Firefox was the culprit that allowed my system to be compromised. Guess it's time to investigate Opera :-(.

Updated 7:49pm -- after checking my backups to make sure they were intact, I am now installing Kubuntu Linux on my laptop. #$%@# Windows! I may install Windows in a virtual machine so I can run various Windows-only software that I own, but as for Windows, Microsoft can go $#%@# themselves...

- Badtux the Compromised Penguin

Posted by: BadTux / 8/01/2006 01:22:00 PM

Comments:

Windows Sux, Part Deux.
Isn't that the movie with Charlie Sheen and Lloyd Bridges?
# posted by cornfield jane : 1/8/06 2:46 PM

Windows sucks. Norton products are just terrible.
# posted by NewsBlog 5000 : 1/8/06 6:24 PM

I like Windows, but that's just me:)

What sucks is that those evil trojans and others slithered in! What an irritant!
# posted by oldwhitelady : 1/8/06 7:17 PM

Well, I'm blowing Windows away entirely to run Kubuntu Linux, so that ought to resolve *that* little issue...

-- BadTux the Linux Penguin
# posted by BadTux : 1/8/06 7:57 PM

Jane, you're thinking of "Hot Shots! Part Deux" While that was a hilarious parody of Rambo, I don't know if Badtux will be sent up a river with Ryan Stiles to kill Saddam Hussein.

Bonus fact: did you know that the actor who plays Saddam in that movie, Jerry Haleva, has spent his entire acting career playing the role of Saddam Hussein in six different movies?
# posted by Dr. Haus : 2/8/06 9:33 AM

<< Home

My Photo
Name: BadTux
Location: Some iceberg, South Pacific, Antarctica

I am a black and white and yellow multicolored penguin making his way as best he can in a world of monochromic monkeys.

Archives
April 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 /

Bill Richardson: Because what America needs is a competent fat man with bad hair as President (haven't we had enough incompetent pretty faces?)

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
Terror Alert Level
Links
Honor Roll
Technorati embed?
Liberated Iraqis

"Keep fighting for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce." -- Molly Ivins, 1944-2007 "The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."

-- Plato

Are you a spammer? Then send mail to my spamtrack mailbox to get permenantly banned! Remember, that's iamstupid@badtux.org (hehehhe!).

More blogs about bad tux the snarky penguin.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?