Monday, September 19, 2005
Posted by: BadTux / 9/19/2005 11:34:00 PM
- Bush administration official arrested in corruption probe. Corruption in the Bush administration? Nah, couldn't be!
- Three weeks after storm, FEMA still isn't there.
- Bush pushes military rule. A machine-gun-tottin' soldier at every streetcorner demanding "Your papers, please!" apparently makes the Shrubya's li'l soldier salute.
- Doctor at Charity Hospital: Critically ill patients at public hospital forced to wait behind relatively fit patients from private hospital to be evacuated.
- Doctor in charge of airport triage: requests to FEMA for supplies went unanswered, she said. She still doesn't know why. Also says: For several hours on Sept. 2 while Bush toured the Gulf Coast in a helicopter, stopping here and there for photos and interviews, all air traffic was shut down at the airport. Helicopters could not deliver patients and medical evacuees backed up at the hospital.
- Minister, rescuer, National Guardsman, about to be sent to Iraq: deeply unimpressed with the official response. "While they (government officials) were posturing, the little people of New Orleans were dying by the hundreds, and possibly thousands," he said. "And if it's not thousands, it's because of all the volunteers. The state was not proactive or reactive - it was inactive."
- "Hurricane" George worst natural disaster to hit America.
- Dismantlement of FEMA noted in January as disaster managers begged Hastert to do something about disaster funding being looted.
- Yeah, those New Orleans cops are just slackers, eh?
- More on those slacker New Orleans cops.
- ... more to come ...
- Name: BadTux
- Location: Some iceberg, South Pacific, Antarctica
I am a black and white and yellow multicolored penguin making his way as best he can in a world of monochromic monkeys.
View my complete profile
April 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 /
Bill Richardson: Because what America needs is a competent fat man with bad hair as President (haven't we had enough incompetent pretty faces?)
Cost of the War in Iraq
"Keep fighting for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce."
-- Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
Are you a spammer? Then send mail to my spamtrack mailbox to get permenantly banned! Remember, that's email@example.com (hehehhe!).
More blogs about bad tux the snarky penguin.